Thursday 24 November 2011

History

Back in the day (the 1990s), I rode a mountain bike. I rode it everywhere. I rode it to work, I rode it to the shops, I rode it on the road, on the footpath, down the stairs and sometimes I even rode it in the mountains. 26" wheels, knobby tires, no suspension, 21 gears, long cranks, centre pull cantilever brakes. That was the standard set up. I would fiddle with the seat and handle bars, and adjust the brakes and gears but I never did any serious mechanics. Mostly rode and occasionally crashed.

I got married and had kids.

Then a few months ago a mate talked me into going mountain biking again. He lent me a bike. I had a great time. I was exhausted. I think I might have broken a rib. I got the bug again, but I was a bit worried that trail riding might kill me. At least I should get fit first.

My wife bought me a bike on the internet.

www.jellybeanbikes.com.au

1 comment: